Is Intermittent Fasting Methods Healthy? I know you might be thinking, what is this buzz for intermittent fasting to lose weight?
The method of intermittent fasting is created by combining two different methods, such as creating a new plant by hybridizing two different plants with each other.
It is a new concept that is a mixture of Indian fasting culture and the diet plans of western countries
Let’s look at the definition of intermittent fasting (IF):
It is described that — IF is patent of eating which follows the cycle between eating and dieting during the day or week.
Intermittent fasting is a method that people can use according to their convenience and lifestyle to create a healthy and easy life.
Nowadays, intermittent fasting has become more popular in the world as it helps you to lose weight in a fast way.
People are using it for the aim of weight loss, improve their health, and make significant lifestyle.
We are going to know about the fasting concept, but before it, we should know the Origin of fast.
Is Intermittent Fasting Methods Healthy?
In ancient times people collected food by hunting and used it for several days but there was a fear that if there was no food the next day?
They lived their life not knowing when their next meal would be or what it will come from.
So their body is well-adapted for survival and they used to fast for 1-2 days during the week.
Day by day people and civilization are developed, Arya civilization people fasting for God and goddess.
After that developed religion of Hindu Jain and Buddha, and the culture of fasting become more famous.
However, people are fasting during Navratri, Janmashtami, Shivratri, Ramanavami, Paryushna, Budh Purnima, etc.
Who Should Inculcate Intermittent Fasting?
- This manual is for those who
- The root of intermittent fasting is learning
- Want to improve their health
- Managed way to lose weight and Experience a consistent.
- The hassle of adhering to a diet and being limited to a certain Food.
- This guide assumes that you have an exercise program to come up with an intermittent fasting diet program.
How to Achieve Maximum Fat Loss using Intermittent Fasting?
Maximum fat loss cannot be achieved by diet alone but it is a combination of exercise and diet that causes maximum fat loss.
Don’t be afraid if you don’t have an exercise program. An exercise program can be as simple as jogging for 30minutes a day.
However, it should be noted that a well-designed training plan that is towards your goal will able to make the best results.
How Is Intermittent Fasting Methods Healthy?
How Intermittent Fasting Loses Weight
When you start intermittent fasting, do not eat anything for long.
When your body needs energy, it uses excess fat or fat stored in the body. This way your excess fat starts disappearing from the body.
Therefore, Intermittent Fasting is considered to be the sweet and simplest way to lose weight.
What are the Essential Needs for a Successful Intermittent Fasting?
The essentials needs for a successful intermittent fasting are
- Your Body
- A Good Exercise Program
Intermittent fasting helps to lose weight and is connected to everyone’s life in different ways.
We discuss the most popular types of intermittent fasting and also provide tips on how to maintain this type of diet.
There are different methods of intermittent fasting and people will choose different types.
My analysis to find out about seven different ways to do intermittent fasting.
Because some who are overweight try new methods every day and check which one suits their body.
However, people who can control their weight by taking food for 4-6 hours during the day.
Is Intermittent Fasting Methods Healthy?
Some people are very health conscious. Those people can stay healthy by eating low calorie (500-600) food for 2 days during the week.
Some people cannot fast every day during the week Because they lack self control
Those people who fast for 1 day, then they can take normal food for 1 day. One day fast one- day normal food can take.
An intermittent fasting program with one or two 24-hour fasts per week is also beneficial for healthy people.
Some people have jobs so they don’t have time for lunch so they can have a light snack during the day and a good amount of food in the evening. Hence, it is also intermittent fasting
What are the Methods of Intermittent Fasting?
The Warrior Diet promotes reducing the share of vegetables and fruits in just a small amount during the day, then eating a huge meal at night.
Above, we discuss the method of intermittent fasting.
Now show in briefly about all seven methods.
1. The Leangains Fasting (16/8 hour fasting)
This concept was design by personal trainer Mark Berkhan. It becomes popular among weight- lifters.
The concept is a 16-hour fast with an 8-hour eating window. The 8-hour feeding window should be the same daily.
Meal frequency is not important as long as you eat during the 8 hours. The Leangains fast is done daily instead of once a week.
This concept is highly specific and was design for weigh-lifters.
Thus it is mostly recommended for athletes.
For whom this approach is?
The LeanGains fast is for athletes and any serious weight lifter. It is not recommended for casual exercisers or beginners due to its complex planning.
What are the Rules of “The Leangains Fasting” in Intermittent Fasting?
1. Diet should be high in protein.
2. You should involve faster training (training while fasting)
3. You should cycle carbohydrates (training days should be high in carbohydrates while off-days are lower in carbohydrates).
4. Feeding windows need to be consistent.
5. On training days your post-workout meal should be your largest meal.
6. Your first meal on untrained days should be your biggest meal.
7. Be sure to take some BCAA (branch chain amino acids) before you train to make sure you do not experience muscle loss during your fast training.
1. Determine your 16-hour fast period. Ideally, you would want the fast to extend overnight as you sleep.
If you put 16 hours faster during your time being awake means that your 8-hour feeding comes during the window when you go to sleep.
For example, your last meal is at 6:00 pm on Tuesday then you would fast until 10:00 am on Wednesday.
Your eating window would be from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
2. If you decided on a fasting period, your feeding window will be the remaining 8 hours of the day
3. Determine a time for training.
Ideally, you want to have a period of your training it will also be your first meal of the day before you feed the window Post-meal training.
What not to do?
• Fasting does not schedule your fasting period that will be your feeding window The same time you normally sleep.
• Must remember to take your BCAAs before you proceed with fasted-training. Most Protein supplements contain BCAAs.
2. 24 Hour Fast (24 hours fast once in a week)
Eat Stop is a fast-paced, 24-hour fast run by Brad Pylon, author of It.
You will fast only one day of the week and on the other 6 days, you will eat normally. The 24 hour fast views loss of fat weekly.
For example, if you normally take 2000 calories per day that is a total of 14,000 calories in a week.
Now if you subtract one day then you are down to 12,000 calories.
If you want to know more about this approach and the Check out the science behind it, eat Stop eat.
Who is this approach for?
The 24 hour fast works nicely for beginners and casual dieters.
This concept is the easiest of all the programs because there is no more rule it has only one rule to follow.
People who are new to Intermittent fast should start with the 24 hours fast because they work their way to other intermittent fast programs if desired.
What are the Rules of “The 24 Hour Fast” in Intermittent Fasting?
1. Don’t eat for 24 hours
1. Choose a day you would like to fast on.
2. Decide the beginning time for your fast for example if you decide that your last meal should be at 9:00 pm on Sunday then you will fast until 9:00 pm on Monday.
3. Be practical on your fast day and get your work done.
What Not To Do?
• Don’t compensate by eating more on left 6 days.
If you can find yourself eating more, know that you have little space for cushioning.
For example, if you ate an extra 400 calories on Tuesday know that you are still in a deficit of 1600
(2000-400) so do not worry.
• Don’t think about food during your fast. Keep your mind occupied.
3. The Alternate-Day Fast (36/12 hours fast)
In this program, you eat every other day. Normally you eat in a 12-hour window, say 7:00 am to 7:00 pm on Monday.
Then you fast for the remainder of Monday and all throughout Tuesday.
Wednesday you can eat again from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Repeat it.
At the time of your feeding window, you may eat anything you desire however it is recommended that your diet mainly consists of nutritional food.
The alternate fast diet was popularized by Dr. James B. Johnson.
Who is this approach for?
This is suited for the public i.e. the casual dieter. It is easy to pick up and apply.
I would suggest this IF program for beginners as it isn’t too strict and it does not have to be used in conjunction with a training program.
What are the Rules of “The Alternate-Day Fast” in Intermittent Fasting to Lose Weight?
1. Fast for 36 hours.
2. Eat normally during the 12-hour eating window
3. Anything you want however it is suggested that your diet mainly consists of nutritional food.
1. Determine the time for your 12-hour feeding window. Note most people choose the start time as the time when they first get out of bed.
2. Your fasted period will be the remaining 12 hours of that day plus the next day. You will eat the day after your fasted day.
Eat normal — fast — eat normal — fast…
4. The Warrior Diet (20/4 hour fast)
It is a 20-hour fast period followed by a 4-hour feeding window.
Like Leangains, The Warrior diet is daily too. The warrior diet is inspired by nutrition and designed by Ori Hofmekler.
Habits of Greek warriors and Spartans. With this plan, you would either fast or eat minuscule amounts of food for 18-20 hours.
Then you will consume the rest of your daily calorie intake 4-6 hours.
You should place your eating window near the end of the day as it is more convenient for family dinners and after- work training sessions.
The only problem with this concept is that trying to fit your daily caloric intake with only one meal can be difficult.
In short, The Warrior diet is primarily fast for 20 hours. Followed by one large meal.
Who is this approach for Intermittent Fasting and is it healthy?
This approach is for people who are looking for an entry point into fasting. This diet is very flexible and not so strict as Leangains.
This diet is a favorite for people who love to splurge in calorie-dense food (i.e. pizza, hamburgers, cakes, etc.).
The warrior diet is a great introductory diet for fasting.
It makes transitioning to a traditional fast easier as it allows you to have small snacks during the day given that your snacks have to consist of fruit and vegetables.
If you are want to try out fasting or get an idea of what kind of fasting is about starting with The Warrior Diet.
What are the Rules of the Warrior Diet in Intermittent Fasting?
1. Fast for at least 18-20 hours.
2. Snacks are confined to vegetable and fruits, occasionally a protein shake
3. Keep your diet high in protein (remember at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight)
4. Try to meet your daily calorie needs in one meal, meaning you can indulge in calorie-dense food to reach your goal.
Technically it’s not a single meal you have 4 hours to eat what you want, but be honest about how much you have.
Are you hungry even after the first meal?
Below are few of the reasons and instructions for why people are hungry even after their first meal:-
Instructions on how is intermittent fasting healthy for you:
1. Determine what meal you want to place your feeding window around (i.e. breakfast, lunch, dinner)
2. Determine how large you want your feeding window to be 4-6 hours is the min and max. However, your fasting period will be the remaining hours of the day.
3. if you want to eat snacks or do a complete fast during the day.
Noted that your snacks have to be either fruits or vegetables and maybe a protein shake.
What not to do in Intermittent Fasting and Who are these methods for?
1. Do not eat anything calorie-dense for snacks such as chips, sweets, pastries. Only fruits and vegetables are allowed like baby carrots, spinach wraps, grapes, apples, etc.
2. Do not have any large meals outside of you feeding window
3. Do not constantly switch up your one large meal (i.e. going from dinner on one day to breakfast of the next day) to keep it consistent.
Warrior diet: (dinner) 7:00am to 5:00pm (assumes 7:00am is the start of the day)
However, the fasted period between 6:00 pm to 10: pm Feeding Window (mainly Dinner)
11: pm to 6:00 Fasted Period/Sleep
We discussed four more important concepts.
Now we discussing the other 3 concepts.
5. What if I Fast for 12 hours a day Methods in Intermittent Fasting?
The rules for this diet are simple. The person needs to make a decision on a 12-hour fasting window every day and follow it.
However, According to analysis, fasting for 10–16 hours can cause the body to burn its fat stores into energy, which releases ketones into the bloodstream.
This should encourage weight loss.
6. 5:2 Diet ( in a week 2 days fast methods for Intermittent Fasting)
On this method, normally you eat for five days and restrict your intake of calories are 500 to 600 calories on two no fasting days in a week,
For example, In a week you might eat normally every day except Sunday and Wednesday.
However, for those two days, you eat 2 meals with 250 calories each for women and 300 calories each for men.
You can eat one 500 or 600 calories meal also.
7. What is the “Skipping of Meal” in Intermittent Fasting?
This pliable concept of intermittent fasting can be good for beginners.
Because this diet often includes skipping meals.
People can decide which type of foods to skip according to their appetite level or limited time.
However, this is important for a healthy diet at every meal.
Ignoring meals is most likely to be most successful when personally observe and respond to their body’s hunger sign.
Necessarily, people who use this fasting style eat when they are hungry and skip meals when they are not.
Many people say this method is more natural than other intermittent fasting methods.
You May Also Like
- 1200 Calorie Diet for Weight Loss – Guidelines and Preventive Measures
- Benefits of Ginger – 42 Healthy Ways to Use this Herb
- Calories for Weight Loss with Calorie Calculator
- Benefits of Intermittent Fasting – Beginners Guide
- Benefits of Keto Diet – 21 Amazing Ways
- 16/8 Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss
- Benefits of Water Fasting – The Cheapest Weight Loss Program
- Diabetes diet for Type 2 – Foods to Eat & Foods to Avoid
- 1200 Calorie Diet Plan to Lose Weight
- Diabetes Diet Plan – The Healthy Way of Living
- 1600 Calorie Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- Diet for Liver Cirrhosis with Signs, Prevention and Treatment
- Diet for Liver Health and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver
- Acid Reflux Diet and Foods to Avoid to Get Permanent Relief
- Diet for Parkinsons Disease – Food Habits, Causes, and Prevention Tips
- Diet for PCOS – Foods to Eat and Avoid for Better Health
- Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar – 67 Amazing Ways
- Diet for Prediabetes – Guidelines and Precautions
- Diet for Pregnancy and Back Pain Relief Guide
- Diabetes Diet for Weight Loss Goals
- Diet for Type 1 Diabetes with Treatment Options and Preventions
- Diet for Weight Gain – Healthy and Effective Ways
- Diabetes Diet Planner – Guidelines and Meal Plans
- Diet for Weight Loss – Guidelines and Precautions
- Does Intermittent Fasting Work to Boost Immunity?
- Diet in Thyroid – What to Eat and What not to Eat
- Diet Plan for Diabetes – Guide, Food Lists, and Precautions
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help with Weight Loss?
- Diet to Lose Weight – Tips and Precautions
- Diet with Apple Cider Vinegar – Benefits, Right Methods, and Risk Factors
And Also You May Like
- Easy Ways for Weight Loss – The Best Diets
- Fruits for Keto Diet – 31 Nutrition Rich & Low Carb Options
- Gestational Diabetes Diet with Causes, Risk Factor, Symptoms, and Tips
- Ginger Tea Benefits – Why Is It Good For You?
- High Cholesterol Diet, Treatment and Prevention
- Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis
- Home Remedies for Yeast Infection
- How Does the Keto Diet Works – The Beginners Guide
- How to Get Rid of Lower Belly Fat
- Hypothyroidism Diet – Guide and Prevention Strategies
- Intermittent Fasting for Beginners – Benefits, Methods, Side Effects
- Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss
- Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
- Intermittent Fasting for Women and its Health Benefits
- Intermittent Fasting with Keto Diet
- Is a Keto Diet Healthy for Weight Loss
- Is a Vegan Diet Healthy Alternative?
- Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss Diet – 6 Different Types
- Is Intermittent Fasting Healthy for you
- Is the keto diet safe?
- No Carb Diet: Benefits, Instructions, and Demerits
- Remedies for Headache and Prevention Tips
- Side Effects of Diabetes and Prevention Tips
- Side Effects of Sleep Deprivation with Prevention Tips
- Recipes for Diabetes Diet – Guidelines and Preventive Measures
- Side Effects of the Keto Diet with Prevention Tips
- Sleep and Weight Loss – How They are Related?
- Sleeping Benefits for Health – 20 Effective Advantages
- Strength Training for Runners – The Ultimate Guide
- The Egg Diet for Weight Loss – Guidelines and Drawbacks
- Tips for Intermittent Fasting in Weight Loss
- Tips in Weight Loss – The Ultimate Guide
- Types of Diet – Advantages and Drawbacks
- Vegan Diet For Weight Loss and Overall Immunity
- Water Fasting for Weight Loss – Benefits, Diet Plan and its Side Effects
- Weight Loss Meal Plan with Veg and Non-Veg Options
- Weight Loss with Calories Count- 17 Easy Way
- What is Keto Flu and How long Does it Last?
- What to eat on a Keto Diet for Optimum Health